What We Do?
The Center for Health Equity Research (CHER) brings together collaborative, multidisciplinary teams of scholars and community members to improve health in underserved communities through a shared commitment to health equity, innovation, and translational research.
News & Announcements
- CHER Faculty Member, Dr. Allison Aiello, will present at the 36th Annual Minority Conference on Friday February 27, 2015 from 1:30-2:30PM, at the UNC Friday Center. This year’s theme is “Reaching for the American Dream: Economic Mobility and Minority Health.” To Register: click here
- The 36th Annual Minority Health Conference will be Friday February 27, 2015, at the UNC Friday Center. This year’s theme is “Reaching for the American Dream: Economic Mobility and Minority Health.” To Register: click here
- Social Epidemiology Journal Club - Tuesday 1/27/15, 2-3PM, in MHRC 2005. Faculty facilitator: Dr. Brian Pence.
- Ethnicity, Culture and Health outcomes (ECHO) Seminar Series 2015 Schedule
- Congratulations to Milele Likivu Bynum, MD for her scholarly work, Walking in Faith (recognized by the American Academy of Family Physicians Schweitzer Fellowship and Awarded the 2015 Conference on Medical Student Education from the STFM).
- Academy Health releases- The State of Health Equity Research: Closing Knowledge Gaps to Address Inequalities
- Postdoctoral fellow Dr. Dana Carthron has received the Diversity Supplement Grant to further her research in behavior change interventions
- CHER Faculty Spotlight: Cheryl Woods Giscombe feels deep commitment to public service
- Wizdom Powell’s webinar: Health Disparities in Boys and Men: Influence of Masculinity on Health Disparities and Equity focuses her work on masculinity and African American Men.
- Leveraging Culture to Address Health Inequalities: Examples from Native Communities – Workshop Summary
- Dr. Giselle Corbie-Smith has been selected as this year’s recipient of the Faculty Mentoring Award by the Carolina Women’s Leadership Council
- Dr. Tiarney Ritchwood Awarded Visiting Fellow at the Research Education Institute for Diverse Scholars (REIDS) at Yale University
- Dr. Dana Carthron was accepted to the RWJF New Connections Eighth Annual Symposium
- CHER Faculty- Wizdom Powell-Hammond, PhD. awarded the 2014-2016 Kaiser Permanente Burch Minority Leadership Development Program