What We Do?
The Center for Health Equity Research (CHER) brings together collaborative, multidisciplinary teams of scholars and community members to improve health in underserved communities through a shared commitment to health equity, innovation, and translational research.
News & Announcements
- Postdoctoral fellow Dr. Dana Carthron has received the Diversity Supplement Grant to further her research in behavior change interventions
- CHER Faculty Spotlight: Cheryl Woods Giscombe feels deep commitment to public service
- Wizdom Powell’s webinar: Health Disparities in Boys and Men: Influence of Masculinity on Health Disparities and Equity focuses her work on masculinity and African American Men.
- Leveraging Culture to Address Health Inequalities: Examples from Native Communities – Workshop Summary
- Dr. Giselle Corbie-Smith has been selected as this year’s recipient of the Faculty Mentoring Award by the Carolina Women’s Leadership Council
- Dr. Tiarney Ritchwood Awarded Visiting Fellow at the Research Education Institute for Diverse Scholars (REIDS) at Yale University
- Dr. Dana Carthron was accepted to the RWJF New Connections Eighth Annual Symposium
- CHER Faculty- Wizdom Powell-Hammond, PhD. awarded the 2014-2016 Kaiser Permanente Burch Minority Leadership Development Program